NYCWD is pleased to present the most recent and relevant industry news from the Diamond Industry’s most elite sources.
“Las Vegas annual trade shows signal robust US jewelry sector. Chinese retail also improving, spurring optimism for the rest of the year.”
Fancy Diamond Shapes Update:
Ovals are HOT, as well as Emerald, Pear and Cushion shapes.
NYC Wholesale Diamonds has a vast inventory of all shaped diamonds. Call to book your appointment today.
(212) 719-2214 or Email KS@nycwd.com
At NYCWD we design, by hand, this ring design in every quality and size GIA certified ideal cut diamond. Contact us at KS@NYCWD.com for your dream ring and become the Princess of your castle!
A unique, personal jeweler who works nationwide, Keith Saxe is GIA and FIT trained and has been a trusted high end diamond jewelry specialist for 30 years. He is the founder and president of NYC Wholesale Diamonds located at 47 West 47th Street Suite 3A in the New York City Diamond District. His website is www.NYCWD.com and he authors a blog at www.NYCDiamondBlog.com. Keith has recently been named to The Diamond Council of America, is a member of the Jewelers Board of Trade, and Jewelers of America. He offers GIA Certified Ideal Cut Diamonds, and state of the art fine jewelry designs at low wholesale prices. Keith has been named the N.Y. Diamond District’s Favorite Jeweler by the N.Y. Post’s Savvy Shopper column, had his diamond education articles published, been recommended in the New York Times, national gift reporter Robyn Spizman’s ‘Perfect Present Guide’ and ‘The GIFTionary’, as well as having his Diamond Halo Engagement Ring design featured on ‘The Knot.’
Our latest Yelp review just came in from Deb in Austin, TX. Thank you, Deb, for all of your kind words!
“Buying a diamond online, that you don’t see, can be scary. My dad (a clothier for 45 years) always said, “if you don’t know your merchandise, know your merchant”. This applies to Keith 100%.I spoke to a lot of online, diamond store reps, in my search. My best advice is: Call Keith first!!”
NYCWD and Jewelers Mutual Insurance work closely to insure that you are covered for the unexpected. Did you know that here at NYCWD we can get you an instant quote and in most cases have your new piece of jewelry covered by the time you walk out the door? We will always care for you beyond just the creation of your custom ring and other fine jewelry. Here are some very useful tips from Jewelers Mutual Insurance Company for the safe keeping and avoiding loss of your jewelry.
1. Dirt buildup may hasten the wear of your jewelry. Visit your jeweler at least once a year to have your fine jewelry professionally cleaned and inspected for worn or cracked prongs, faulty clasp, or other potential problems.
2. Avoid heavy blows to your diamond. Diamonds can chip if struck at the right angle
3. Salt water and jewelry don’t mix. Ocean water can damage some stones and metals.
4. Keep jewelry in unlikely places. Jewelry boxes are an obvious place for thieves to look
5. Exposure to chemicals can damage and discolor precious metals-like gold, silver and platinum-and may harm colored gems. Remove jewelry before going into chlorinated water, or using household cleaners.
6. When traveling, keep valuable jewelry at home or store it in the hotel safe, not your room safe.
7. Remove jewelry before swimming. Fingers constrict in water, making rings more likely to fall off.
8. Don’t place or store your jewelry near vents, grates, sinks or drains
9. Pearls are easily damaged by an array of personal products like cosmetics and lotions.
10. Most burglaries happen in broad daylight. Always keep doors and windows locked during the day.
11. If you bump or snag your jewelry, have it inspected for potential damage that may be unnoticeable to you
12. Always take time to place jewelry in a secure place, not a pocket, on a counter, or in a public area.
13. When not wearing your jewelry, place each item in a separate, soft, compact container. If cluttered together, jewelry can become scratched-even diamonds.
14. One of the best ways to keep valuable or extensive jewelry collections secure is to store them in a burglary and fire resistant safe.
How does NYCWD take a simple ring and make it into a simply stunning ring? We use only top quality GIA certified diamonds. GIA certified diamonds are held to the highest standards in the industry so you always know exactly what you are purchasing.
The difference is in the quality!
See for yourself the NYCWD difference with this Round Solitaire setting. It stands out in the crowd!
This 3.75 ctw Natural Fancy Yellow Radiant cut ring is simply stunning. Radiant cut diamonds are a fantastic choice for an engagement ring. It combines the rectangular look of an emerald, which elongates and flatters the finger, and has all the sparkle and brilliance of a round…the best of both worlds!
Here at NYCWD we only carry GIA certified Natural Fancy Colored Diamonds.
Call NYCWD at (212) 719-2214 or email KS@NYCWD and make an appointment to create your custom ring